We all know that it's hard to beat the chili from Wendy's (as much as you might not want to admit)! Here's a copycat recipe that you can make at home.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 (14 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 (1.25 oz) packages chili seasoning
- 1 (14 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 oz) can pinto beans, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vineager, or more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Press ground beef into the hot oil to form one large patty; let the bottom brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir and break the ground beef into crumbles and cook until no longer pink, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir celery, onion, and green bell pepper into ground beef and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; pour in stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles, tomato sauce, and water. Break apart large chunks of stewed tomatoes. Stir in chili seasoning.
- Mix kidney beans and pinto beans into chili, season with salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Mix vinegar into chili.