If your summer garden is overflowing with zucchini and basil, this is a family favorite dinner and showcases those ingredients in the BEST way. And gnocchi is a fun noodle alternative that cooks up in no time!
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz packaged gnocchi
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 leaves basil, chopped & divided
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi then spread in one layer and saute undisturbed for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom. Toss then continue sauteing for 3-4 more minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove skillet from heat then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in another large skillet then add zucchini, corn, and onion, and then season with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes, then add chopped garlic and half the basil, and then saute for 30 more seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat then add half & half and Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Pour mixture into skillet with gnocchi then toss to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper if necessary then serve topped with remaining chopped basil.