Cooler fall weather is the perfect time for some soup! And a delicious soup recipe that can be made ahead of time in the crockpot? Nothing better. Check out one of our favorite recipes, Crockpot Pasta E Fagioli!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup (~3-4) sliced carrots
- 1 cup (~4-5 stalks) chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces EACH) diced tomatoes undrained, I like fire-roasted
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white cannellini beans undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta meaured when uncooked
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: freshly parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef and drain out the grease. Transfer to the slow cooker.
To the slow cooker, add in the carrots, celery, garlic, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, white cannellini beans, spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, and bay leaf. Stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 5-7 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the noodles to the pot about 30 minutes before you are going to serve and turn the head up high.