It doesn't get more cozy than this slow cooker butternut squash soup! This is one of Erika's favorite seasonal recipes for an easy dinner that smells delicous all day.
- 2 lb medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Add the butternut squash, onion, and garlic to a slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil and add vegetable broth, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth, or transfer to a standard blender or food processor and carefully puree.
- Add the thyme and coconut milk and blend to incorporate.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and chives, if desired.
A little more about Blue Marsh Insurance...
When he founded Blue Marsh, Tom Davenport wanted to create a different kind of insurance company. One that’s built on personal relationships and a local presence. One where you, the customer, feel more like a friend.
As an independent insurance agency, Blue Marsh Insurance represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.
If you’re interested in starting a quote online or having us take a look at your current policies, click here!